Saturday, September 3, 2011

Facebook Unavailable?!?!

"Your account is currently unavailable due to a site issue. We expect this to be resolved shortly. Please try again in a few minutes."  What?!?!?

Apparently in "Facebook Time" a few minutes equals nine hours and counting.  I have not had access to my Facebook account since this morning.  Even though everyone else in the household has access to theirs.  My sister tells me it's probably because I'm on there way too much and they feel the need to check me out.  Maybe so...

I've forgotten how to communicate without Facebook.  How to send an email has me suddenly stumped.  Never mind that ancient device I see on my desk with the numerical buttons and the spiral cord attached.  I never realized how much my life revolved around Facebook until today.
It's a shame too, because it's been a very active day of babysitting two of my nieces. 

This included a walk at the park:

A visit to the Nature Center:


A trip to the bookstore followed by ice cream: 


Then we played in the the backyard. (Big sister posed with Grandpa's moose while little sister beat him with a stick): 


Big sis made a lengthy motion picture starring the ground, the walls and people's backsides:


I did the macarena: 

 


Little miss discovered popcorn:


Big sis was wrongside up and upside down for a considerable amount of time:  

 


And, I discovered I've come to inherit "old people's feet":

Not to mention I wasn't able to update my status concerning my dinnertime trip through the McDonald's drive-thru where  I had to pull aside because my order would take a few extra minutes. 

Pulling aside in the drive-thru always feels like the McDonald's equivalent to detention or the "bad kids wall" at recess.   As I waited, a little girl in the playland watched me through the window.  Strangers' kids are like a catch-22 with me.  They always seem drawn to me and I adore little ones, but in this day and age that makes you the creepy stranger and so you're not allowed to conversate.  Our lines of sight connected for a brief moment and, not wanting to be the scary adult, I decided to "adjust" my radio and ignore her.  After awhile I peeked back and, yes, she's still staring.  I remedy this by now "adjusting" my rear view mirror.  Eventually, my peripheral view sees her waving her hand at me in a friendly "hello".  Since I'd tired of using air quotes by this point, I decided to finally smile and wave back.  Her reaction?  To twirl around and run away.  Never to be seen through the window again.  After all that egging on, she probably ran off to tell her parents that there's a creepy stranger waving to her through the window.  Sigh...  I smell a future tease in our midst.

All of this has gone unshared!  Maybe Facebook just decided to give the world a break from knowing my every move for one day.  I'm sure many people could live without seeing my macarena and hearing about how my nieces are entertained.  But, for some reason my fingertips can't resist it all going unwritten.

So, by now it's been over ten hours and my Facebook account is still unavailable.  I've got a battle awaiting me on Empires and Allies and pictures to upload!  And, how on earth will the world ever find out about my day?

No comments: