Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ebay Pet Peeves


Being under the weather this week, avoiding stores this time of year and being just an all around lazy person... I've found myself prowling around Ebay a little too much lately.

I go through phases where I absolutely must have as much 99-cents-with-free-shipping jewelry from China as I can possibly get my hands on.  Or, I feel I suddenly need to revamp 50% of my wardrobe while staying deeply beneath retail price.  Or, I've read through every book I own and need to restock.  (Ebay's Half.com is perfect for this!)  Or, sometimes, I just feel like there's too much Disney memorabilia out there that's begging to come live on my shelves.

Well, this has been one of those weeks.  Which has found me wasting hour upon hour on the auction site.  Which has presented me with the following list of Ebay pet peeves:
  • Categorizing tube tops under the fields "Long Sleeve" and "Sweater".
  • Posting a picture of an item of clothing which is spread out across an entire dining table, to fully display its amount of girth, and then having the nerve to also advertise it as "Sexy!"
  • Saturating an item of clothing with any kind of perfume before shipping it.  Any kind.  Even if you think it's your "best" perfume.  I don't want to smell it and I certainly don't want to smell like it.
  • Leaving a used tissue in the pocket of a clothing item before shipping it.  (Yes.  This has happened.  Took every ounce of willpower not to mention in my feedback.  "Great communication, fast shipping, seems to be suffering from cold or allergies.  Yes, I got your tissue!")
  • Not listing the materials listed clothing are made of.  Yes, some of us shoppers have allergies.
  • The fact that every adorably unique piece of clothing from Japan or Korea has my measurements falling under 3XL on their size chart.  (I'm an 8/10 here in the states.  Pre-holidays, at least.)  And, Asia never seems to have my ginormous size in stock.
  • The need to list items as "Super cute", "Adorable", "Sooo hot" or any other adjectives attached to outdated and itchy-looking clothing.  Post a picture, I'll decided on the adjectives.
  • Not posting a picture.
  • Pop the head off of that mannequin with the early 80's feathered hair and blue eyeshadow.  It's ruining the whole effect of your photo.
  • Don't say something is a "Medium" if you're going to post a picture of its tag which clearly reads "XS".
  • "Vintage" does not equal five years ago.
  • Pink is not "Red", Cranberry is not "Red", Burgundy is not "Red", Coral is not "Red" and Brown is not "Black".
  • While we're at it, Mid-thigh is not "Knee length" and anything with an entire chest peep-hole should not be categorized as "Wear to Work".
  • A knee-length gray hooded sweatshirt emblazoned with "LA" should also not be listed as a wear-to-work dress. Unless you're assuming we're all janitors at the Staples Center.
Well, that's all of my complaints for today.  I love my Ebay too much to bring up any more!  If you're an Ebay seller, please take note of the above constructive criticisms.  And, before you try to label me as a shopaholic, just keep in mind, my newest outfit probably cost less than your last Saturday night out.
"Wear to Work'?  Only if you earn your wages in singles!

No comments: