Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlight Reel

What can I say about 2011?  It started out as one of the happiest years ever and ended with merging crap-storm upon crap-storms, all combining to create one giant fecal tornado.

They say the Lord never gives you more than you can handle, and I know that this is true.  He's proven it to me time and again.  It's just sometimes I wish He'd let me rest in my 2010-level of strength for a little while longer because, most days, I feel just about growed-out.

Although 2012 brings with is alot of uncertainty (and uncertainty is not my specialty) I know the Lord is laughing to Himself right now because He knows all the answers to the mysteries that lie ahead.

On this last day of the year I will try my darnedest not to let job-stress, health-stress or all-around-grumpiness taint my memory of the almost late, great, 2011.

After all, we did have all this fun:

Polar bear water ballet:



Communing with nature:


Foot-fishing (A hobby to be categorized under "Things Only an Aunt Would Let You Do"):


Fundraising Fun:


New found appreciation for sports I thought I loathed:



Animals!  Animals!  Animals!


Dinosaurs!

Enjoying our favorite staycation spot over and over and over again:


 Loving more of Michigan:
 Which includes bridges...
 ...boats...
 ...rickety attractions much too high up in the air...
...all worth it to get this image of my nephews in print.

And a whole bunch of good ol' fashion family fun:


As, I bid adieu (ie. "good riddance") to 2011, I'd also like to thank you all for supporting An Aunt's Life this past year.  It's been another highlight to add to my reel and I wish you all blessings in the coming new year.

May the Lord be my rock in 2012 and my family be my happy pill.

No comments: