Sunday, January 29, 2012

To Do List


Everyone keeps asking me my plans for after my workplace closes this week.  I'm pretty sure, they mean what are my plans for employment.  I have a to do list.  It just doesn't have much to do with a 401K plan:
  1. Get back to blogging more often.
  2. Go see at least 1/3 of the the Best Picture Oscar nominees, before the ceremony for once.
  3. Clean my desk.
  4. Clean my room.
  5. Clean my linen closet.
  6. Catch up on sleep.
  7. Read a pile of books.
  8. Attempt to relearn how to use a sewing machine.
  9. Attempt to make a quilt. (I was inspired by a Susana Allen Hunter exhibit at the Henry Ford Museum six years ago and never found the time to sit down and get to it.  Love her free-form, pattern-free style!  Haven't forgotten it after all these years.)
  10. Attempt to make a Pioneer Woman-inspired owl pillow.
  11. Look into opening an Etsy store (if I can manage to pull off goals 8-10. But, no pressure if I can't.)
  12. Get back into painting/drawing.
  13. Finish that darn Christmas project.
  14. Take some new pictures.
  15. Visit a museum or two.
  16. Get back to the eye doctors and finally get contacts back in my eyeballs.
  17. Exercise.  For real this time!
  18. Grow out my bangs a half-inch.  (You should see them.  I trimmed them wet this time and they're hideous!)
  19. Make a new recipe.
  20. Be inspired enough to add to this list.
Don't worry.  Somewhere in the 20's will also be "figure out life" and "get a new job".  I'm still planning on being a contributing member of society.  I just need a fresh head first!

No comments: