Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful


It's the day for giving thanks!  I was completely prepared to do that, but then my stomach became too hungry to function.

Let's try it anyways.  A little dip in blood sugar can't do that much damage.

I'm thankful for my family.  Large on both sides.  (In number not proportion, come on now!)  For cousins who are like siblings and for siblings who are like friends.  For my mom whose hip is healing right on schedule.  And, for my dad (even though he is currently in a "people are coming over!" tizzy.)

I'm thankful for my last living grandparent "Grandma Great" who is turning 92 tomorrow.  And, I'm even more thankful that the strange dream I had the other night of her and my grandpa (who passed away nearly 20 years ago) wasn't an omen.  In my dream she had brown hair and was giggling, so happy to be with him. I thought it was a sign of their heavenly reuniting.  What a relief that we didn't get that call that morning.  And, I'm super thankful I have no powers of premonition.  (The tip off should have been that, in my dream, they were also on the lam from the law.  Bonnie and Clyde style.  They fled to my house and I fed them pudding.)

I'm thankful for my job, even though I may complain about it to some extent the other 364 days of the year. Having a job in Michigan is truly something to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for the invention of Ebay, which through its wonders I obtained the shirt I'm currently wearing for about five bucks.  And, also the sweater I wore the other day with the $60 price tag on it, for $7.99.

I'm thankful for the invention of Facebook, for giving me a way to catch up with long lost friends and family,  minus the cost of airfare, hotel fees and long-distance phone bills.  Sometimes you don't realize how much you've missed people, until you find yourself clamoring for a status update.

I'm thankful for Blogger and all of you readers for allowing me the creative outlet that my brain has been starving for.  I'm especially thankful when you click "funny", "cool" and "interesting".  (But, a little less thankful when you click "weird".)

I'm thankful that after thirty-seven years of wishing, I'm finally getting to enjoy a Thanksgiving ham today.  Which makes me a little extra thankful for my younger sister who is preparing it for us and that she isn't absent, sick, lazy or otherwise unable to cook it.

I'm thankful for my Lord and Savior, without whom my stubborn heart wouldn't even have the ability to be thankful.

And, I'm thankful for those eight little rugrats who rule my heart.  I'd have less gray hair and a lot more money in my bank account without them, but I wouldn't make that trade for anything in the world!  For they're the ones who have given me my "Aunt's Life". ♥

No comments: